Tuesday, October 10, 2006

October 10, 2006

OK...they say it takes two weeks of commiting to something to develop a habit. Obviously, posting here and reading the bible daily have not set in yet. I've finally come to the realization that I have too much on my plate.

So I was hoping to use this blog as an avenue to create accountability to my self. They say the goals that you don't state publically are the ones you fail at. They say a lot of things, don't they? Who exactly is 'they'? I digress. So this was supposed to be an accountability to my self, but I only know of one person who actually reads this thing. So if you stumble across this, let me know. Tell me my ideas are invalid, or my point is understood. Tell me I'm whacko...I don't care.

OK...so since I sometimes can't find exactly what I think fits my mood of the day, here it goes:

Ecclesiastes 9:1
So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God's hands, but no man knows whether love or hate awaits him.

Ecclesiastes goes on to lement that we all will die the same, so don't bother. I like to look at this a little deeper and read it 'live for today, and enjoy this day our Lord has blessed us with'.

I have really been into Ecclesiastes lately. I guess I feel better knowing that other people hit rough spots in the road. Life has been pretty damn good to me. I hope I don't become complacent just because it's not always cherries. No cherries without the occasional pit.

No comments: