I've really gotten into the book of Ecclesiastes lately. I've always been more of a Mathew, Mark, Luke guy...but there is a lot to be said for more obscure books.
Ecclesiastes: 10-4
If a ruler's anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great errors to rest.
'Calmness can lay great errors to rest.' I love that. How often have I done something I regret later as a reactionary defense. I am going to focus these next few weeks on being as serene as possible.
One of my favorite sayings is "God gave you two ears and one mouth, use them proportionately". That is my objective for the rest of this week.
Today has been better than the last few have been. I actually heard a pretty good joke that made me smile today (thanks Allison). Let's see if I can't string a few of these good days together...
No comments:
Post a Comment