My kids are at that age where they are both becoming independent, my son as a pre-teen and my daughter is finding her way past being a toddler...and she's got personaility to share! Needless to say, between that and our very busy lifes...patience is running in high demand and short supply! A couple of passages that jump out at me.
Ecclesiastes 7:8-9
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Lamentations 3:26-27
It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.
I think both of these passages speak well to parenting. I have to give myself time-outs sometimes. I can tell people in crowds that have kids...they're the ones that don't seem to mind as much if the gal at Starbucks gets their order wrong. It makes me wonder just how much patience God has with his children. It also makes me very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment